In this article, we will introduce to you our 15 most recommended treatments for autoimmune diseases together with their causes and symptoms.
What is Autoimmune Diseases?
Autoimmune diseases are the term used to call generally various conditions in which the healthy cells are attacked by the their own immune system due to the immune system’s incapability in distinguishing between healthy cells and harmful external entities such as bacteria .
What causes Autoimmune Diseases?
The precise cause of autoimmune diseases is still unable to identify. Most of the time, those diseases occurs due to the changes in which a micro-organism makes regarding the immune system’s behavior. Therefore, when those negative cells reproduce, they will altogether attack the healthy cells, thus trigger the autoimmune diseases.
Occasionally, those diseases might begin from some particular organs. If the immune system attack thyroid, it will trigger the Graves’ disease. If the immune system attacks the gastrointestinal tract, it will trigger the Crohn’s disease (ulcerative colitis). In other times, the immune system might attack some particular proteins in your body. In this case, it will trigger diseases such as ankylosing spondylitis or rheumatoid arthritis .
Also most of those autoimmune diseases are accompanied by inflammation which is the most common and uncomfortable side effect.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for autoimmune diseases which you can follow easily in order to treat those diseases as well as strengthen your immune system.
The curcumin compound from turmeric is the most recommended substance in the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases. It is capable of overpower the enzymes which can boost inflammation for autoimmune diseases such as arthritis, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease .
How to use:
- Take ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder into some boiling milk and have it simmered for couples of minute. Consume every day before bedtime.
- Also you might take the supplement of turmeric for 500mg in 3 times every day but only after consulting the doctor.
- You might as well include turmeric into your daily cooking.
The excellent anti-inflammatory property is what makes ginger a valuable ingredient in the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases. It is extremely incredible in soothing inflammation which is the most common sign of autoimmune diseases .
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of grated or sliced ginger into some water and have it simmered for about 10 minutes. Then have it strained, put in some honey and lemon juice for better taste. Consume 2 to 3 times per day.
- Also you might include ginger into your daily cooking.
3. Coconut Oil
The high level of analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties from coconut oil is essential for the treatment of autoimmune diseases whose main characteristic is inflammation such as spondylitis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis .
In the case of ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease, the fungus will accumulate excessively along the digestive tracts which will trigger serious inflammation.
The lauric acid from coconut oil can efficiently combat the bacteria which cause inflammation. Together with the fatty acids, it will even enhance the metabolism for people who have Hashimoto thyroid.
Therefore, it is no surprise to coconut oil’s appearance in the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases.
How to use:
- Take 2 – 3 tablespoons of the virgin coconut oil to consume every day.
- For the pain from spondylitis and arthritis, you can take some warm coconut oil to massage the affected area for 2 to 3 times on a daily basis in order to improve lubrication as well as ease stiffness. Finish with a heating pad for better effect.
4. Aloe Vera
Moreover, it also helps you control the metabolism which is effective for the treatment of Hashimoto thyroid and Grave’s disease.
This is why Aloe Vera is always recommended as an important ingredient from the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases.
How to use:
- Take a leaf of Aloe Vera to cut in half and extract the gel.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the gel with some lemon juice and water into blender.
- Have the mixture blended for a minute.
- Consume the juice.
Note: Because the increase in consumption of Aloe Vera can be bad for your gut. It is recommended that you have the doctor consulted for appropriate intake of Aloe Vera juice per day.
This enzyme can bring tremendous healing effect for people with ulcerative colitis in which the conventional medications are no longer effective.
Furthermore, autoimmune diseases such as spinal spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis can also be controlled with the use of bromelain.
The bromelain enzyme is the key component which ensures that pineapple must not be neglected in the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases.
How to use:
- Take a fresh pineapple to peel and have it diced into small pieces. Then put them into the fridge for about 15 minutes and consume daily.
- Another way is taking those small pieces of pineapple with 15 pieces of turmeric root into the juicer. Have it juiced for a minute. Consume the juice for 3 times every day.
Note: In case you are having stomach ulcers as well as taking blood-thinners (warfarin, aspirin…), it is recommended to avoid applying this tip because it might interfere with those medications.
6. Fish Oil
The brilliant anti-inflammatory property from the fatty acids contained in fish oil can significantly relieve the pain as well as stiffness of joint and even help people who are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis decrease their dependency with medication .
People who suffer from other diseases such as spinal spondylitis, ulcerative colitis as well as Crohn’s disease also witness the effectiveness of fish oil in treating inflammation. However, for the case of Crohn’s disease, it might cause some gastrointestinal discomfort.
How to use:
- Take 1 – 2 teaspoon of fish oil on a daily basis.
- Also you might take some capsule of fish oil for 500mg/day.
- In case of rheumatoid arthritis as well as spondylitis, you can take about 5 drops of fish oil into a warm bath and soak yourself for 3 times every week.
7. Cayenne Pepper
The capsaicin will prevent the activeness of chemical in the body which is in charge of transmitting the signals of pain toward brain.
Therefore, it would be a huge flaw to forget about cayenne in the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases such as spinal spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis. Furthermore, it can even improve the circulation of blood which is beneficial for the stiffness of joints and back.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of cayenne pepper with some honey to mix together. Consume the 2 to 3 spoons of the mixture every day.
- Also you might take ½ teaspoon of cayenne powder into some water and consume every day.
- For the case of spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis, take 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper into ½ a cup of coconut oil to mix together. Use the mixture to apply onto the painful joints for 2 to 3 times every day.
Note: Despite its anti-inflammatory property, it increase the permeability of intestine, thus make it more prone to bacteria. Therefore, consumption of cayenne might be harmful for people who are having Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
The vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid from apple cider vinegar can efficiently alleviate inflammation and swelling. Together with phosphorus, potassium, manganese and calcium, it is not hard to see why the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases needs to include apple cider vinegar .
Furthermore, it can even enhance metabolism which will benefit those people who are having Crohn’s disease.
How to use:
- Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into some hot water.
- Put in a slice of ginger and have it steeped for about 5 minutes.
- Add in a teaspoon of honey.
- Consume twice every day.
It is considered the most potent ingredient which can remarkably treat the inflammation from chronic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Moreover, the antibacterial property from cinnamon can also overpower the activeness of excessive bacteria from people with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis which can worsen the diseases and intensify the inflammation.
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with some organic honey into some warm water and consume every day.
- For spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis cases, you might take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 5 teaspoons of honey to form a paste. Use the paste to apply onto the affected area for 2 – 3 times every day.
10. Oregano Oil
How to use:
- Take 3 to 4 drops of oregano oil with some juice or water and consume 3 times every day.
- Another way is taking 1 to 2 drops of oregano oil with a teaspoon of coconut oil and use the mixture to apply onto the painful area.
Note: Due to its powerful nature, consult the doctor before apply tips involving oregano.
Abundant of minerals, vitamins as well as strong antioxidants, this blue-green alga can make an excellent treatment of autoimmune diseases .
It is capable of enhancing some factors which can combat infection; therefore it is understandable to see this natural remedy in the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases.
This tip is the one in the list of home remedies for autoimmune disease in which you must completely follow. Perform exercise regularly is considered the best therapy for treating those autoimmune disorders. It enables your muscles surrounding joints to strengthen as well as enhance the body’s flexibility .
Furthermore, it can even improve sleeping as well as mental attitude from the sufferers. Besides exercise, meditation and yoga can make great techniques for relaxation which is extremely beneficial for the treatment of those disorders. Additionally, deep-breathing exercise is also an efficient method for providing relief.
13. Nutritional Supplements
They are essential component for the treatment of autoimmune disorders. One nutrient which is considered the most important is vitamin such as C and D. those vitamins can support naturally the treatment of immune response. Moreover, probiotics are also required for the treatment as well.
14. Dietary Changes
This tip is also the one from the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases which you should never neglect. You should keep out of fats in general and processed vegetable oil in particular. Fats can trigger the chemical formation which causes inflammation. There are some kinds of food which you must definitely avoid such as organ meats, egg yolk, dairy products and dark poultry meats. Besides those foods, you should also keep out of corn, chocolate, wheat, coffee, soy and peanut.
15. Tissue Salts
The last tip in the list of home remedies for autoimmune diseases belongs to tissue salts. It is able to balance and alleviate the symptoms of autoimmune disorders. Moreover, those are the components of the homeopathic treatment which can assist the nervous system. Natrium sulphate, natrium phosphate and kalium phosphate are a few of those components.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!