In this article, Authority Remedies will shed light on top 15 natural home remedies for athlete’s foot. And if you are wondering whether athlete’s foot is a specific problem happening to only athletes, you’re misled.
What causes athlete’s foot?
In fact, everyone can suffer from athlete’s foot when the tinea fungus attacks their body. One of the most favorite environments for the growth of this fungus is warm and damp places. Or it may even exist in public places which are supposed to be clean, such as locker room or public showers. Equally important, this virus can be infected from human to human. Therefore, you’d better pay much attention in order to prevent the attack of the tinea fungus. 
Symptoms of athlete’s foot
When the tinea fungus has entered your body, it may cause athlete’s foot and many following symptoms. Your feet may experience itchy and painful feeling and witness the appearance of small blisters. It will disturb your daily life severely because every walk will become very painful. As a result, people are not reluctant to spend a huge amount of money on the treatment of athlete’s foot, mainly medication. However, it does not always work and sometimes worsens the situation.
If we looking a bit further at the nature, we will realize that there are many existing natural home remedies for athlete’s foot. They are all made of natural ingredients, which guarantees that they are safe for our health. In addition, because the ingredients can be found in the nature, they do not cost much. If you want to get rid of athlete’s foot at little cost, then these home remedies for athlete’s foot will be the best option.
Here are top 15 natural home remedies for athlete’s foot that you can easily apply at home to quickly get rid of the problem.
Providing some essential substances that have anti-inflammatory properties, salt is one of the most wonderful home remedies for athlete’s foot. The skin will easily absorb such substances, such as magnesium and sulfate, to remove the toxic chemicals brought by the fungus of athlete’s foot .
- Take some spoons of salt into a cup of warm water.
- Have your feet soaked in the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Then, leave it dry naturally.
- You should apply this method several times per day to get the best results.
Yogurt is popularly consumed by many sportsmen and models in order to improve the immune system. But when applied directly on the skin, it can prevent the growth of the fungus inside the body and help you get rid of athlete’s foot fast .
You can read more about Health Benefits of Yogurt.
- Unsweetened yogurt should be used.
- A cotton swab should be soaked in the yogurt and applied directly on the skin.
- Then, leave those areas dry naturally.
- After a few minutes, use warm water to wash the skin.
- You should apply this remedy several times on a daily basis, perhaps 3-4 times.
Also, yogurt is often used as a trusted ingredient to treat oral thrush. To find out more about details of the remedy, read Home Remedies for Oral Thrush.
Because of the richness of beneficial compounds, onion is among the most popular home remedies for athlete’s foot. Having many antioxidants substances, onion can stop the fungus from damaging the cells in the body. In addition, the immunity is also boosted thanks to onion.
- Have an onion grinded to make the juice. Make sure your feet are clean before applying onion on them.
- A cheesecloth should be soaked in the juice and applied on the feet.
- After half an hour, use cool water to wash your feet and leave them dry.
- To improve the treatment of athlete’s foot, you should try this 2-3 times per day.
Also, yogurt is often used as a trusted ingredient to treat oral thrush. You can find o
4. Green Tea
Green tea, no matter where you buy it, remains very fresh because it experiences no fermentation. Inflammation can be prevented by polyphenols which are present in green tea. In addition, green tea can enhance the immune system of the body and the fungus can be treated effectively. Therefore, this ingredient can make a wonderful home remedy for athlete’s foot .
- Take a green tea bag into hot water.
- Soak your feet into the green tea for 15-20 minutes.
- After that, leave your feet dry naturally.
Applying this method 2-3 times per day will help you get rid of athlete’s foot successfully in a short time.
Green tea is always in the list of remedies for many other diseases and beauty problems. Read more Home Remedies for Hair Loss to learn another benefit of green tea.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Thanks to anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties, tea tree oil is considered as one of the best home remedies for athlete’s foot. It is often recommended to treat skin problems. But the most wonderful advantage of tea tree oil is to boost the immunity of the body. Therefore, he or she can prevent the fungus from destroying his or her body .
- Make sure that your feet is dry and clean before you use tea tree oil.
- Apply tea tree oil directly on the itchy areas.
- After a few minutes, use warm water to wash them.
6. Lavender Oil
Another oil that has the same properties as tea tree oil is lavender oil. It is very helpful in the treatment for athlete’s foot because it can even be used along with other essential oils to maximize the benefits.
- Take some drops of lavender oil.
- Mix it with another natural oil in the equal amount, such as olive oil or tea tree oil.
- Rub the feet with that mixture.
7. Myrrh Oil
If you want to get rid of athlete’s foot as soon as possible and stop the itchiness caused by athlete’s foot, you should make use of myrrh oil. It was used by ancient Egyptians to treat the foot problems. Take some drops of myrrh oil and rub them directly on the feet. You should leave it there for some minutes and use cool water to wash the feet.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Many people know that apple cider vinegar plays a vital role in the treatment for many aliments, including the treatment for athlete’s foot. Besides, it helps the immune system to fight against the damage of athlete’s foot. To apply this remedy, you only need to:
- Take 2-3 spoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it with hot water.
- Have your feet soaked in the mixture in 10-15 minutes.
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for athlete’s foot. Not only does it stop the activity of the fungus inside the body, but also garlic can have positive impacts on people’s health. The existence of ajoene in the garlic will improve the elimination of the fungus. The garlic can be crushed and added to your bath to help you get rid of athlete’s foot easily.
Athlete’s foot sometimes leads to inflammation which can trigger many unwanted consequences later and mustard can be the best home remedy for athlete’s foot you need.
- You can use a spoon of mustard powder.
- Mix the powder with warm water.
- Let your feet be soaked in the mixture for 30 minutes.
To achieve the goal of removing athlete’s foot, you should repeat applying mustard 2-3 times on a daily basis.
11. Grapefruit seed
If you can digest grapefruit seed raw, the healing process from athlete’s foot can be accelerated. But if you want to apply it on the feet to get rid of athlete’s foot, you can use the extracted grapefruit seed.
12. Baking soda
Baking soda can be beneficial as one of the best home remedies for athlete’s foot. The use of baking soda will prevent you from getting infected with athlete’s foot. It has alkaline nature that plays an important part in eradicating the favorite environment for the growth of the fungus. Baking soda also has diverse health benefits, as you can read at Top Health Benefits of Baking Soda.
- Make sure your feet are clean and dry.
- Take a spoonful of baking soda and mix it with water.
- The paste should be rubbed in your feet.
- After several minutes, you can use cool water to wash it.
With anti-inflammatory nutrients, calendula is one of the most effective home remedies for athlete’s foot. It can reduce the itchiness and pain caused by athlete’s foot .
- Take dried calendula flowers into a bowl of hot water.
- The mixture should be strained.
- Have your feet soaked in the mixture.
- After 20 minutes, use fresh water to use the feet.
To help you get rid of athlete’s foot, you can resort to cinnamon. To apply this remedy, you should simmer the mixture of cinnamon sticks and water and leave it until it becomes warms. Then, your feet can be soaked in the mixture.
You can find more about Health Benefits of Cinnamon.
15. Olive Leaf
Being a rich source of anti-fungal nutrients, olive leaves can eradicate the fungus causing athlete’s foot. You can use it in the form of the paste on the feet directly. After that, the lukewarm water should be used to wash the feet. After several times of applying it, you will get rid of athlete’s foot completely .
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!