What is Asthma?
Asthma is the term used to describe a lung disease which makes you breathe difficultly. Also asthma can be either chronic or acute. Asthma attacks happen when the flow of air within your lungs is obstructed. 
What causes Asthma?
The precise cause is hard to identify but there are several factors which can trigger asthma such as air pollution, respiratory infections, allergies and sulfites from foods or some particular medications. 
Symptoms of Asthma
The most common and obvious symptoms of asthma are wheezing, coughing, short breath as well as chest congestion.
Asthma can be cured by medical treatments. However, there are remedies from home which can provide you the same result without any side effects.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for asthma which you can follow easily at home in order to get rid of asthma as well as strengthen your respiratory system.
How to use:
- Take some ginger juice with pomegranate juice and honey to mix together. Consume the mixture 2 to 3 times per day.
- Another way is mixing a teaspoon of grounded ginger with some water and consume 1 tablespoon of the mixture before bedtime.
- Take some ginger slices into some hot boiling water and steep for about 5 minutes. After cooling it down, consume slowly.
- You can make a fenugreek decoction for lung detoxification by taking a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds into some boiling water with some honey and ginger juice. Consume twice per day.
- Also you can consume raw ginger with a pinch of salt.
Ginger is an extremely versatile ingredient as it can treat from the most complex condition like asthma to the most common problem like fever. For more information about ginger’s effect on fever, please read: Home Remedies for Fever.
2. Mustard Oil
The most effective oil from those home remedies for asthma can be mustard oil as it can clear passages of respiratory system, thus resume normal breathing when asthma occurs.
How to use:
- Take some mustard oil with camphor and warm them up.
- Use the warm mixture to massage the chest as well as upper back.
- Perform couples of time until the condition is improved.
For more information about the benefits and applications of mustard oil, you can find out at: Home Remedies for Alopecia.
Fig is an uncommon fruit; however, it is a remarkable tip from the natural remedies for asthma which you should pay attention. It can improve health of your respiratory system as well as reduce phlegm and ease breathing difficulties.
How to use:
- Take 3 dried figs and have them soaked in water overnight.
- Next morning, consume both the figs and the water while your stomach is still empty.
- Perform for several months.
Another extremely popular ingredient and also the top treatment from home remedies for asthma is garlic. It can remove congestion in the early periods of asthma.
How to use:
- Take 2 to 3 cloves of garlic to boil in ¼ cup of milk.
- After cooling down, consume slowly.
Besides health problems, garlic is also popularly used to deal with beauty issues like hair loss. You can find out more at Home Remedies for Hair Loss.
This is an excellent new for coffee lovers as coffee also makes the list of home remedies for asthma. Caffeine from coffee can regulate asthma as a bronchodilator. Furthermore, hot coffee can clear and relax the airways in order to improve your breathing. Moreover, the effect is strengthened along the level of coffee. 
However, you should not consume more than 3 three cups per day. Also in case you are not coffee lovers, you can go black tea which contains caffeine as well. It is well recommended to abuse caffeine as regular treatment of asthma.
6. Eucalyptus Oil
How to use:
- Take some drops of the oil onto the paper towel and put it beside your head so that you can inhale the aroma during your sleep.
- Take some drops of the oil into some hot boiling water and inhale the steam. You can take deep inhale and exhale for better results.
It will be huge loss to miss out honey on the list of home remedies for asthma. Its ethereal oils as well as alcohol from honey are essential for treatment of asthma. 
How to use:
- The simplest way is breathing in the honey smell.
- Take a teaspoon of honey into some hot water and consume slowly 3 times per day.
- Before bedtime, consume a teaspoon of honey with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder. It is effective at clearing phlegm in your throat and improving your sleep.
The effective anti-inflammatory property from onion is the reason it is included in the list of home remedies for asthma. It can ease constriction in the airways when asthma attacks. Furthermore, the sulfur content from onion can significantly alleviate inflammation in lungs. 
You can consume raw onions to have your airways clear for breathing. In case, raw onion does not suit your taste, cooked onion can be another option.
Citrus fruit is beneficial for asthma people. Therefore, lemon should not be overlooked in the list of home remedies for asthma. The antioxidants and vitamins from lemon work great in asthma treatment. 
How to use:
- Take the juice from ½ lemon into some water and put in some sugar depended on your taste. Consume regularly to avoid the attacks of asthma.
- Other fruits which are also beneficial for asthma treatment can be strawberries, blueberries, papayas and oranges.
Note: Bottle lemon juice is not recommended and you must not use lemon juice during the attacks of asthma if there are worsen signs.
10. Carom Seeds
Mild asthma can be treat using carom seeds as it is considered a bronchodilator which can help you dilate the bronchial tubes in your lungs.
How to use:
- Take some carom seeds to boil and breathe in the steam as well as consume the boiled water.
- Take some carom seeds and wrap in a cotton cloth then warm it up using microwave. Place the hot cloth onto your chest and neck until it cools down. Perform until there are satisfied results.
- Make a paste from jaggery and carom seeds and warm it up. Consume 1 to 2 teaspoons of the mixture twice per day until there are positive results.
However, this method is not recommended for people with diabetes.
You can take 5 to 6 cloves into some hot boiling water. Add in some honey and consume twice per day in order to get good results for asthma treatment.
Fishes such as tuna, salmon and sardine should be included in your diet as it is a significant tip of home remedies for asthma. They strengthen your lungs to combat against asthma as well as recovery. Also if you cannot eat those fishes in the flesh, there is another option which is fish oil.
13. Bitter Gourd
Take the juice from bitter gourd and add in some honey and basil paste. After mixing together, consume in order to avoid attacks of asthma and improve asthma treatment.
14. Indian Gooseberry
Another exotic fruit which makes the list of home remedies for asthma is Indian gooseberry. You can take few gooseberries and crush them with some honey. Consume the mixture for improving asthma treatment.
The last in the list of home remedies for asthma is parsley. This herb can help you get rid of chest congestion as well as soothe your throat. You can take the herb simply in the form of tea.
- Keep out of asthma triggers such as irritants, pollutants and allergens from air to prevent respiratory infections.
- Consume spices and herbs such as sage, oregano, turmeric and rosemary through your daily cooking.
- Consume more fresh vegetables and fruits for providing beta-carotene, selenium, magnesium as well as vitamin E and C for your lungs.
- Keep out of processed and packaged foods with artificial preservatives and additives.
- Restrain consumption of dairy products in case you are allergic to lactose or proteins of milk. In case, you are not, try consuming dairy products the fats from them can bring you protection against attacks of asthma.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.