What is Angina Pain?
What causes Angina Pain?
It is triggered due to the reduction in flow of blood toward heart which is known under the name Angina Pectoris or just Angina. It is described as the feeling of heaviness, squeezing, tightness as well as pressure and burning from behind the breastbone .
Some major factors which contribute to this condition is diabetes with high cholesterol and blood pressure, sedentary lifestyle and smoking cigarette as well as a heart disease history in the family.
Symptoms of Angina Pain
There are several typical symptoms which are pain at the back, center of upper abdomen, neck area, shoulders and even jaw. They can be accompanied by shortness of breath, fatigue, sweating, nausea and dizziness. For women, they might experience those symptoms without even the pain or discomfort at chest.
Because its symptoms are similar to heart attack, those twos are often mistaken with each other. The main distinguish characteristic is that angina pain is not as severe as heart attack which does not stay for more than 10 minutes.
Usually angina pain occurs during exercise and fades away as you rest or after taking medication such as nitroglycerin. However, you should not overlook angina as it might indicate heart attack in the future .
Angina is considered the symptom of accumulation of plague in the heart’s arteries. On the other side, chest pain is the symptoms of spasm of muscle, stomach ulcer, infection of upper respiratory, bladder diseases or indigestion.
You might need to seek the consultation from doctor in order to treat this condition.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for angina pain which are easy for you to follow at home in order to get rid of angina pain as well as prevent heart attack in the future.
It can even lower your cholesterol and help you prevent the accumulation of plague in arterial walls, thus promote the flow of blood which is rich in oxygen toward heart.
How to use:
- Take ½ teaspoon of garlic juice into some hot water and consume.
- Also you can consume 1 – 2 cloves of raw garlic together with water daily in the morning while your stomach is still empty.
Garlic is an inevitable in various traditional remedies to treat not only health problems but also beauty issues. You can find more about garlic’s benefits at Home Remedies for Hair Loss.
Another excellent ingredient which is considered equally to garlic in the list of home remedies for angina pain is ginger. The gingerol compound from ginger can significantly decrease the levels of cholesterol. With antioxidant property, it can even prevent blood vessels from getting damage by cholesterol .
How to use:
- Consume ginger tea. In order to prepare the tea, you can take a tablespoon of grated ginger into some hot water and steep for about 5 minutes. Then have it strained and consume.
- Also you might chew on some small pieces of raw ginger while your stomach is empty every day.
The reason for turmeric to be in the top 3 most effective home remedies for angina pain is due to its compound named curcumin which is excellent at decreasing the oxidation of cholesterol, accumulation of plague and formation of clot. Together with the anti-inflammatory property, it can help you alleviate chest pain efficiently .
- Take ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder into some milk and have them boiled together. Put in some honey and consume warmly.
- You can also include turmeric in your daily cooking as well as take its supplementary form but only after consulting the doctor.
4. Cayenne Pepper
The capsaicin compound with anti-inflammatory property is what makes cayenne a valuable option in the list of home remedies for angina pain. It can significantly alleviate chest pain as well as regulate blood flow toward heart .
How to use:
- Take ½ – 1 teaspoon of cayenne powder into some milk or fruit juice. Consume in order to relieve the pain.
- Also you can take its supplementary forms but only after consulting the doctor.
You can also use cayenne for many other purposes, including Home Remedies for Scabies.
This popular herb is also an excellent choice for you to consider from the list of home remedies for angina pain. Magnesium from basil can encourage flow of blood by relaxing blood vessels as well as heart. Furthermore, vitamin A from basil can even prevent the accumulation of cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels .
How to use:
- Take 8 – 10 leaves of basil to chew or consume a cup of this herbal tea when angina pain occurs for relief.
- Also you can take a teaspoon of basil juice with a teaspoon of honey to consume every day while your stomach is still empty.
The capability of alleviating chest pain as well as decrease the levels of cholesterol as well as accumulation of plague and ensuring smooth flow of blood toward heart are the ultimate reason for the present of alfalfa in the list of home remedies for angina pain. The high amount of chlorophyll can even help soften the arteries and decrease the chance of cardiac chest pain .
How to use:
- Consume some warm alfalfa tea. In order to prepare the tea, you can take a teaspoon of its dried leaves into some hot water and steep for about 5 minutes then have it strained.
- Also you might take its supplementary form but only after consulting the doctor.
This seed can effectively improve the cardiovascular health and help you avoid angina. Furthermore, with cardio-protective and antioxidant properties, it can even decrease cholesterol as well as encourage flow of blood toward heart. Those positive effects above are enough to qualify fenugreek as a good choice in the list of home remedies for angina pain .
How to use:
- Take a teaspoon of its seeds into some water and have them boiled for at least 5 minutes. Then have them strained, put in about 2 teaspoons of honey and consume.
- Also you might consume some fenugreek seeds which are soaked every day. You can take a teaspoon of seeds to soak in water through the night. Next morning, consume them with some water while your stomach is still empty.
Learn more about other benefits of fenugreek at Top 10 Fenugreek Health Benefits that You Should Know.
The richness of polyunsaturated fatty acids in almond is the reason why it is recommended in the list of home remedies for angina pain. It can help you decrease cholesterol in blood as well as improve the health of your heart. Also together with magnesium, fiber and plant sterols, they can effectively help you avoid heart attack in the future through lower total cholesterol .
How to use:
- Take some almond oil and rose oil in equal amount to mix. Use the mixed oil to apply on chest in order to relieve the pain.
- Also you can consume some roasted almonds every day.
9. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
This substance is something you must pay extra attention in the list of home remedies for angina pain, especially when you are having high cholesterol, heart disease or heart problems history in your family.
Those fatty acids will help you decrease triglycerides which are the fat in your blood and avoid angina. With anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it can bring profound effects for the health of your heart .
How to use:
- Consume 2 – 3 portions of fatty fish such as trout, tuna, herring, mackerel, bluefish, salmon and sardines every week.
- Consume more vegetables which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids like chia seeds, flaxseeds, soy beans, walnuts, winter squash, tofu and olive oil.
- Also you can take its supplementary forms with the dosage of 500mg/day but only after consulting the doctor.
This method in the list of home remedies of angina pain is the one you must follow. It will help you increase the flow of oxygen and blood in the whole body as well as calm down your heart rate. Moreover, it will help you relax which is effective against anxiety and stress.
How to do:
- Have yourself sit in comfortable position and relaxed.
- Inhale deeply by your nose.
- Exhale slowly by your mouth.
- During the breathing, concentrate your mind on happy thoughts.
- Perform multiple times until the pain is completely gone.
Also you might practice stretching exercises as well as yoga for better effect.
Lemon is brilliant at preventing cholesterol from depositing in your blood vessels. Therefore, it is considered the simplest tip in the list of home remedies for angina pain. You just need to take some lemon juice into some warm water and put in some honey. Consume early in the morning .
Work as a tonic which can promote the functions of healthy heart, it is understandable why grapefruit can make the list of home remedies for angina pain. You just have to simply include grapefruit in your daily diet .
Contain ingredients which can effectively reduce the levels of cholesterol, onion is also very popular kitchen ingredient which you can obtain anytime. Therefore, it is definitely something that worth your attention in the list of home remedies for angina pain .
You can take its juice early in the morning in order to encourage the circulation of blood at heart.
The list of home remedies for angina pain cannot be completed without parsley. It is acknowledged as one of the most incredible dietary tip for angina pain. You can take parsley in many forms such as tea, herbs or fresh leaves.
15. Reduce Weight
Excessive body weight is also one of the major causes for angina pain as well as heart disease. Therefore, it is important to lose those excessive weights in order to have healthy heart. You need to keep out of fatty foods, junk and fried foods such as chocolate and biscuits. Also you can opt for olive oil in cooking as well as dressing salads. Also you can consult the doctor for proper methods to lose weight .
- Consume some pomegranate juice when the pain occurs in order to reduce the intensity.
- Take the supplement of coenzyme Q10 in order to improve the efficiency of heart’s energy as well as blood supply toward heart but only after consulting the doctor.
- Have foods slowly with relaxed manner as air swallowing might also trigger chest pain.
- Keep out of extreme cold weather as coldness can trigger muscle reflexes that cause angina pain.
- Consume meals which are balance in nutrition with folic acid, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12 as well as other nutrients.
- Do not perform strenuous activities as they can trigger chest pain and turn it into acute.
- Manage stress as it might make your condition worse. Keep out of situations which can cause you stress or upset.
- Restrain the consumption of coffee and alcohol.
- Avoid smoking as well as tobacco products.
- Take medicine and apply diet to have the blood pressure and sugar under control.
*Disclaim: The effectiveness from applying these natural tips will be depended on the body condition of the applicant.