What is Amebiasis?
Also known as Amoebiasis or sometimes Entamobiasis, they are terms used to called the parasitic infection which happens to your intestines. This infection is caused by a parasite called Entamoeba Histotylica which is usually found in polluted water as well as contaminated food. Therefore, this disease is often seen in places where there is poor sanitation and unhygienic living environment. One special characteristic about this parasite is that they can live in your intestines without causing any troubles. However, there are cases which sufferers have developed severe symptoms .
What causes Amebiasis?
The most common cause for this disease is through polluted water and contaminated food and it is the reason why people from undeveloped regions often get this disease .
Amebiasis is contagious and it can spread through the fecal matters of infected people. And people at places where feces are still utilized as fertilizer, are more vulnerable to this disease if the sanitation and hygiene are poorly maintained.
Also people who possess a weak system of immunity are more prone to this disease. Diseases such as cancer and malnutrition and even old age will weaken your immune system. Especially when people have AIDS or women who are pregnant, it is highly at risk for getting this disease .
Symptoms of Amebiasis
This disease can happen to anyone; however, young adult and children are more vulnerable. It is difficult to spot the parasite through testing and it can bring on some rather severe symptoms which can be fatal and life-threatening. Also the symptoms are not identical for every infected person. They can have various symptoms such as:
- Vomit: Happen when the gastrointestinal tract is infected severely.
- Diarrhea: Its degree can vary from loose motions to discharge of blood and mucus when stooling.
- Bloody Stool: Happen when the chronic infection becomes severe. This symptom can repeat for 10 to 20 times per day.
Other side symptoms include:
- Losing weight all of sudden
- Cramp and pain in the abdomen
- Nausea and losing appetite
- Having flatulence
- Tiredness and fever with dehydration
- Experience pain with bowel movement
- Experience allergic symptoms due to the excretion of toxic wastes
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for amebiasis which are easy for your to apply at home in order to aid the treatment of this disease as well as prevent the infections from happening again…
1. Increase Fluid Intake
Diarrhea and vomit will make you dehydrated and make your condition worse. By drinking sufficient water, it will help you cleanse the systems as well as strengthen your immunity against parasites. Therefore, before using any medication or home remedies for amebiasis, make sure you’ve already increased fluid intake to alleviate the symptoms.
How to use:
- Consume from 8 to 10 glasses of water per day.
- Besides water, there are other fluids such as coconut water, black or herbal tea or buttermilk.
- Another option is consuming the oral rehydration solution (ORS) which made from a quarter of spoon salt with 6 small spoon sugar and 4 glasses of water. Consume on a regular basis.
Containing anti-parasitic agents, coconut can strengthen your immune system in order to control pathogens. You can use both the oil and fruit for this home remedy for amebiasis.
How to use:
- Consume couples glass of coconut water on a daily basis.
- Another option is consuming 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil per day.
The anti-parasitic and antibiotic properties from garlic can make a great home remedy for amebiasis to help you control parasites and prevent them from coming back as well as strengthen your immunity .
How to use:
- Consume 2 to 3 cloves of garlic per day when your stomach is empty.
- Take garlic supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
The antibiotic and antioxidant properties from oregano can help you control infections effectively. Moreover, the antispasmodic property is excellent at relieve pain and cramp. Accordingly, oregano becomes an inevitable part of the list of home remedies for amebiasis .
How to use:
- Consume a mixture of juice from 1 lemon with few drops of oregano oil and water for about 3 times per day.
- Add dried or fresh oregano into your cooking daily.
Note: Avoid using for children and pregnant women.
5. Indian Lilac
The antibiotic and anti-parasitic of Indian lilac is another treatment of amebiasis, which is significantly effective in eliminating parasites as well as detoxify your body .
How to use:
- Consume about 5 to 6 leaves per day when your stomach is empty.
- Consume a teaspoon of neem juice per day for couples of week.
- Take neem supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
Note: Avoid using for women who are pregnant and breastfeed.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is among the most effective home remedies for amebiasis. The minerals and vitamins from the vinegar can improve your immunity as well as keep a balance level of pH which will inhibit parasites .
How to use:
- Take 1 or 2 tablespoon of vinegar into a cup of warm water.
- Add some honey and lemon juice.
- Consume twice per day.
The reason making pumpkin a perfect ingredient in home remedies for amebiasis is the anti-inflammatory property, which is not only effective at eliminating parasites but also excellent at protecting your intestines from parasites’ damage. Moreover, they can be digested comfortably and bring no pressure on the gastrointestinal system .
How to use:
- Consume 1 to 2 teaspoons of seeds per day for couples of week when your stomach is empty. Remember to drink more water to aid the digestion.
- Other options such as add into salads, roast or soup.
Containing various positive properties such as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial and antiseptic, turmeric is an excellent treatment of amebiasis in all aspects from getting rid of parasites to protect your intestines and even improve your immunity .
How to use:
- Consume a teaspoon of turmeric juice with a pint of salt once per day for couple of week when your stomach is empty.
- Other options are add turmeric into your cooking daily or take turmeric supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
The anti-parasitic, antibacterial and antiseptic properties from cloves can effectively eliminate all traces of parasites and prevent future infections as well as relieve pain in your abdomen .
How to use:
- Put a teaspoon of clove powder into a glass of hot water for 10 minutes. After that, have it strained and consume for 3 times per day for 1 week.
- Another option is consuming few cloves on a daily basis.
Rich in minerals and vitamins as well as possessing antioxidant property, beetroot is a great home remedy for amebiasis that significantly improves your immunity; detoxifies your body, helping you inhibit any harmful parasites. Moreover, beetroot also encourages bowel movement which is healthy for excretory system. You can add beetroot into salads or other cooking daily or even consume the juice .
Containing antioxidant property as well as rich of vitamin C, pomegranate can be an effective treatment of amebiasis that improves your immune system and digestive system all together. Furthermore, it can assist you in protecting your intestines from harmful parasites. You can consume the fruit freshly with a bit of honey for the best effect. Another option can be blending the fruit with water and put in some honey for rich flavor and consume .
12. Guava Leaves
With their acidic effect, guava leaves can efficiently get rid of the parasites in your intestines and prevent future infections. You can take few guava leaves to wash and dry them. After that, you turn them into powder and consume after mixing with water.
13. Dried Flowers of Mango
This home remedy for amebiasis is extremely helpful against all types of infection. Similar to guava leaves, you make powder from mango flowers after washing and drying them. consume them together with water for better digestion.
Rich of vitamins and minerals as well as containing antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties, it is considered the most powerful home remedy for amebiasis, that fights against the parasite which cause Amebiasis. Because the most important part of papaya is the seeds, you will need to make powder from them, then consume together with papaya juice .
15. Fiber-Rich Foods
As fiber can help you detoxify your intestines, it can encourage bowel movement which is good for eliminating harmful parasites.
Consume more fiber-rich foods such as broccoli, bean, tomato, brown rice, wheat, seed and nut as well as whole grain.
Take fiber supplementary pills after consulting the doctor.
Besides fiber, foods that rich of potassium and vitamin C can help you strengthen your immunity and prevent infections.
- Maintain sanitation properly such as cleanse your hands using water and soap after going to the WC and before eating foods.
- Cleanse vegetables and fruits carefully before consuming.
- When stay at place with poor hygiene, remember to only drink bottles water and do not drink from public hoses. Also water from other sources should be boiled before consuming.
- Keep out of cheese, milk and dairy products which are unpasteurized.
- Keep out of foods sold by street vendors.
- Consume couples of yogurt cup on a daily basis.
- Cleanse bathroom, especially toilet regularly and try to keep out of public toilets.
- Keep out of sugar, caffeine, alcohol and processed foods to improve the healing of infections.
- Exercise daily to strengthen your immune system.
- Have some ginger or ice candies in order to avoid vomit.
- Use cold compress to relieve cramps on stomach.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!