What is Alopecia?
In this day and age, more and more people claim that a thick hair is a vital part of being attractive. That’s why they are ready to pour a huge amount of money and time on the growth of new hair and prevention of hair loss. However, not everyone manages to prevent hair loss; as a result, they often lose self-confidence when having to talk to other people .
Alopecia areata is the one specific condition which can cause the loss of hair. Alopecia is very popular; however, it is often overlooked as the symptom at first is similar to spot baldness and it is quite natural for people with ages .
Furthermore, alopecia can develop into 2 types of condition in case it does not get treated properly. The first case is Alopecia totalis which means you will experience a completely bald scalp. Another is Alopecia universalis which means you will lose all of your body hair .
What causes Alopecia?
Thyroid disorder is supposed to be the cause of the problem as the balance of hormone level is the main factor affecting the development of hair follicles. This condition often escalates quite fast therefore, it is essential to get treatment in time. Moreover, other factors such as current situations or psychology also contribute the flare-ups of alopecia .
If you notice one of these symptoms of alopecia, you should ask a doctor for advice immediately:
- Thinning hair
- Hair loss 
- You may experience weight loss
- Even some problems can happen to your nails
Baldness is not dangerous, but it may be a sign of your weakness. Looking at you, people may have the impression that you are not healthy and strong. Therefore, it is necessary to prevent alopecia before it happens. If you are afraid of side effects of drugs, do not worry. There are many home remedies for alopecia to help you stay away from alopecia effectively.
Here are the top 15 most effective home remedies for alopecia which you can try at home easily in order to assist the treatment of alopecia as well as strengthen your scalp and prevent hair loss…
1. Onion Juice
Onion is an extremely familiar vegetable for every household. You might cook daily meals with it every day, but have little idea of its benefits for health. Sulfur which is very high in onion can stimulate the growth of new hair. Therefore, the daily consumption of onion juice must be included in the list of home remedies for alopecia .
- Take an onion and crush it to make the juice.
- The juice should be applied over the scalp.
- After 15 minutes, use warm water and shampoo to wash the hair.
It is recommended that you do not need to use a towel to make the hair dry after that. Leave it naturally dry.
For more information about the benefits and applications of onion, please read: Home Remedies for Hair Loss.
Another familiar ingredient in kitchen which also contains a large amount of sulfur is garlic. In fact, it is one of the best home remedies for alopecia. The nutrients from the garlic will improve the production of collagen, which can lengthen the hair. With the support of garlic, you do not worry about hair loss any more .
- Take some garlic cloves.
- Have them crushed to make the juice.
- Add some spoons of coconut oil.
- Put the mixture over the heat for several minutes.
- When the mixture becomes cool, apply it over your scalp and you can do massage as well.
- After half an hour, use cool water to wash the hair.
Garlic is no doubt the most popular item in the household for both cooking as well as home remedies. You can find out more about garlic at: Home Remedies for Jock Itch.
If you want to have beautiful hair and skin, egg should be included in your daily meals. But it can be used directly as one of the natural home remedies for alopecia as well. People can find a diversity of essential nutrients in an egg, such as sulfur, protein, iodine or selenium. They all contribute to the growth of healthy hair.
- You should use only the white of an egg.
- Take a spoon of olive oil and mix them together.
- Put the paste over your hair.
- After 15-20 minutes, use cool water and shampoo to wash the hair.
Egg is a great product for beauty purpose. You will be surprise to see how good egg can be as a home remedy in: Home Remedies for Stretch Marks.
4. Aloe Vera
Without a doubt, Aloe Vera is very beneficial in the skin and hair care. And in the treatment of alopecia, it also enhances the growth of new hair and stops the hair loss at the same time .
- You should use the gel extracted from Aloe Vera to get the best results.
- Rub it over your scalp and hair. Then, do some massage on those areas.
- After that, cool water should be used to wash the hair.
On a daily basis, you should follow this remedy 2-3 times to get rid of alopecia naturally in the shortest time.
5. Coconut Oil
Baldness is a nightmare to many men (and women), but it is not that serious if you are informed of the benefits of coconut oil. For many years, it has been considered as one of the best home remedies for alopecia. It is very simple to use as well. All you need to do is to apply it directly on your hair before you go to bed. In the next morning, you should take cool water to wash your hair .
If you have ever suffered from other hair problems like dandruff, you might not be surprised when it comes to lemon. There are many ways to make use of lemon as one of the home remedies for alopecia which you should be well aware of.
The first way is to:
- Crush a lemon to make a juice.
- Add some drops of natural oils, such as olive oil or coconut oil.
- The mixture should be applied directly on the scalp.
Another way to take advantage of lemon is to:
- Mix a spoon of lemon juice and 3 spoons of Aloe Vera gel. Both of them are especially helpful for the hair growth.
- The mixture should be rubbed on the hair.
- After 15-20 minutes, use cool water and shampoo to wash your hair.
Honey can be used variously to treat alopecia, or hair loss. Raw honey is very sweet and good for health, but if combined with other ingredients, it will become one of the top home remedies for alopecia. You can mix honey with one of these following ingredients and apply the mixture over the skin. You will notice improvements quickly .
- Several spoons of onion juice.
- Egg yolk.
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice.
It is worth noting that another benefit of honey is to make your skin become glower.
8. Almond Oil
For ages, people have used almond oil to help themselves grow a healthy hair and a smooth skin. The richness of nutrients makes almond oil well-known in the beauty industry. After rubbing almond oil directly on your hair, you will witness positive changes quickly.
9. Mustard Oil
Baldness can be stopped with the support of mustard oil. That is the statement of many people who have managed to have a thick and beautiful hair. And it is also the reason why mustard oil must be included in the list of home remedies for alopecia.
- Prepare mustard oil and boil it.
- Mix it with 4 spoons of henna leaves which must be crushed before.
- Then, the mixture should be strained and applied over your scalp.
It is interesting to know that you can even recycle the tobacco remains. When boiling mustard oil, you can add powdered tobacco remains. When the mixture is cool, apply it on your hair.
Eating bananas every day is good for not only your hair but also most parts of your body. Banana gives a plenty of vitamins and essential substances that are needed in remaining healthy. For the solution of how to get rid of alopecia naturally, you can drink a mixture made from banana, honey and milk.
Baldness or hair loss can be prevented thanks to fiber, which is abundant in oatmeal. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids from oatmeal can reduce the number of fallen hair. Therefore, oatmeal should be included in your daily meals as one of the home remedies for alopecia.
12. Green Tea
One of the simplest home remedies for alopecia is green tea. With antioxidant property, green tea offers a diversity of benefits on our health, especially hair care and prevention of acne .
- Prepare 2 bags of green tea and put into hot water.
- When the tea becomes cool, it should be applied over the scalp.
- After 60 minutes, use water to wash the hair.
- Put some dried rosemary leaves in water.
- Then, the mixture should be boiled and strained.
- You can use this mixture to wash your hair when you take a bath.
14. Cinnamon Powder
You can use cinnamon powder mixed with water to make a paste that should be applied directly on the hair. This method can be repeated 2-3 times per day to get the best results.
Finally, the key to a beautiful skin and hair is doing exercises regularly. There is no immediate result but as time passes by, you will not only become more attractive, but also be strong and healthy from the inside. Exercises can prevent the attack of bacteria and virus. In brief, exercise is significantly important as one of the natural home remedies for alopecia.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!