Table of Contents
Authority Remedies is about to present top 15 natural home remedies for a stye.
What is A Stye?
Stye refers to a problem happening to your eyes when there is the appearance of red lump near the edge or even the inner part of the eyelid. The lump may resemble a pimple and it often comes with a painful feeling. It is not a serious problem because normally the stye will be gone after several days. However, there are cases in which it lasts longer and you really need intervene .
What Causes A Stye?
The main cause for a stye is the bacterial infection that occurs to the oil glands in your eyelid. On the other hand, if you do not maintain a good habit of taking care of the eyes, then stye is more likely to happen. The sudden changes in hormones should also be blamed for a stye.
Stye may lead to some irritating problems, such as the pain and swelling in these areas as well as tearing . It can even make your eyes become more sensitive when they are exposed to light. Therefore, it is a great idea to get rid of a stye as soon as you can. Because the eyes are very sensitive, you cannot get a thing and apply it over the eyes to deal with the pain. Instead, you should dig deeper into research and ask doctors whether a method is suitable for you or not. Here are top 15 commonly recommended natural home remedies for a stye that you can easily apply at home to help you curb the problem.
1. Milk and Turmeric
The combination of milk and turmeric is one of the best natural home remedies for a stye. With powerful anti fungal quality, turmeric is super effective in the efforts to get rid of a stye because it can eliminate the bacteria causing this problem. Milk, on the other hand, is good for the vision and it can strengthen the immunity of the body to fight against the bacteria .
- Get one spoon of powdered turmeric into a cup of warm milk.
- Consume the mixture once per day to recover from a stye quickly.
2. Green Tea
With strong anti-inflammatory quality, green tea is one of the most effective natural home remedies for a stye. Specifically, it can help you stop suffering from the pain in the eyes. Furthermore, the presence of tannic acid in green tea can be beneficial for the elimination of bacteria .
- Prepare green tea by putting the tea bag into warm water.
- The water, then, should be removed.
- Place the tea bag over your closed eyes and keep it there in about 5 minutes.
You can repeat applying this method until you get rid of the pain completely.
Tea bag is also a popular part in Home Remedies for Irritated Eyes.
Serving as a purification agent, parsley can be regarded as one of the best natural home remedies for a stye. It eradicates the bacteria causing the problems and reduces the severity of the pain. Moreover, parsley can quicken the recovery .
- Get some parsley into hot water and wait in approximately 10 minutes.
- A cloth should be dipped into the mixture and applied over the areas affected by stye.
- Keep your eyes closed and relax them in 15-20 minutes.
4. Coriander Seed
The anti-inflammatory quality of coriander seeds has brought this tiny seed to appear in the list of top natural home remedies for a stye. It is beneficial for the efforts to get rid of the pain and swollen eyelid, the most annoying symptoms of stye .
- Get one spoon of coriander seeds into water.
- Have them boiled in several minutes and then, wait until it is cool.
- Then, have them strained.
- You can wash your eyes gently with the mixture.
This remedy should be applied 2-3 times on a daily basis to get rid of a stye.
Garlic has been well-known in the treatment for bacterial infection for years and even in the most sensitive parts of the body – the eyes, garlic can amaze us. It is one of the most effective natural home remedies for a stye, in fact .
- Crush a garlic to get the fresh juice.
- With the help of a cotton ball, the juice should be applied over the areas affected by a stye.
- After several minutes, wash it away with clean water.
You can read more about Home Remedies for Eyelid Cysts.
When hearing about onion, some people seem reluctant and even scared because onion causes tearing. However, it is one of the best ways to get rid of a stye and the pain it causes within a short period of time. The burning sensation is clearly seen, but you can try this natural home remedy for a stye at least once .
Simply place some onion slices over the areas affected by a stye in several minutes. If you notice improvements, continue to apply it a few times per day.
7. Aloe Vera
Another familiar natural home remedy for a stye is aloe vera. With soothing and antibacterial qualities, aloe vera gel is super effective to help you stay away from swollen and red eyes. It can quicken the effects and therefore, the stye treatment will finish soon .
- The fresh gel should be rubbed over the areas affected by a stye.
- 20 minutes later, use warm water to wash the areas.
8. Guava Leaves
With healing quality, guava leaves can be seen as one of the best natural home remedies for a stye. Its anti-inflammatory quality, on the other hand, is great for dealing with the swelling and painful feeling in the eyelid .
- Get some guava leaves in boiling water.
- After some minutes, use a cloth to dip in the mixture and then, squeeze it to remove excess water.
- Keep the leaves in the cloth and wait until it is cool.
- Get the leaves applied over the areas affected by a stye.
9. Castor Oil
The presence of ricinoleic acid in castor oil contributes to its strong anti-inflammatory quality. It is this quality that makes it one of the best natural home remedies for a stye .
- First, you need to use warm water to wash the areas affected by a stye.
- With the help of a cotton swab, castor oil should be rubbed over the bump.
You had better apply this method twice per day to get rid of a stye quickly.
Serving as a natural pain-killer, clove is the next great natural home remedy for a stye you need to know. It is commonly used when people want to get rid of skin irritations. Furthermore, the bacteria causing a stye will be halted so that they cannot spread to other areas of your eyes.
- Take 5-6 cloves into water.
- 10 minutes later, you should have it strained.
- A cloth should be dipped in the mixture and later, squeezed.
- Place the cloth over the areas affected by a stye.
You should repeat doing so a few times per day to get rid of a stye completely.
With astringent quality, potato is one of the most supportive natural home remedies for a stye. It can help you stay away from irritating feelings on the skin and inflamed skin as well.
- Have a potato grated.
- Use a cloth to keep it.
- Get the clothe applied over the areas affected by stye in at least 5 minutes.
Raspberry leaves can be seen as one of the best natural home remedies for a stye. There are many ways to take advantage of it. You can consume its juice several times per day or you can put it directly over the eyes.
- Get some raspberry leaves crushed and put them into hot water.
- Continue to have them boiled in about 5 minutes before straining it.
- Use the mixture you get to wash the eyes regularly.
13. Cayenne Pepper
Do not be afraid that cayenne pepper can cause burning sensations in your eyes. It is one of the most effective natural home remedies for a stye .
- Get some spoons of powdered cayenne pepper into boiling water.
- When they are cool, you get a cloth dipped in the mixture and squeeze its excess water after that.
- The cloth should be kept over the areas affected by the stye in several minutes.
The use of dandelion tea in the efforts to get rid of a stye is not popular, but it is a super effective natural home remedy for a stye. It deals with the root of the problem – the bacterial infection.
- Take some spoons of dried dandelion roots in hot water. If you cannot get them, tea bag is acceptable.
- When the mixture is cool, you can use it to wash the eyes. In case you use tea bags, you can put the tea bags immediately over your closed eyes.
It would be a mistake if we do not mention one of the simplest natural home remedies for a stye – salt water. It is powerfully anti-inflammatory and antibacterial; therefore, the bacterial infection will be reduced significantly. Furthermore, the richness of magnesium in salt can enable you to get rid of the painful feeling quickly. You can use the salt water to wash the eyes regularly.
You can read more about the benefit of salt in How To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!